Springville community education foundation grant recipients
Sunday August 26, 2012 | By:Press Release |
SPRINGVILLE — The Springville-Griffith Community Education Foundation has announced its selected group of grant recipients from its latest round of funding.
The foundation, which has provided mini-grant and grant funding to classroom, school district and community projects since its inception in 2006, will provide funding to the following projects:
– Elaine Mitchell’s fifth grade classroom at Colden Elementary School: $600 for math instruction materials.
– Melissa Krohn’s second grade classroom at Colden Elementary: $800 for math instruction materials.
– Tish Urban, Students Against Destructive Decisions advisor at Springville-Griffith Institute High School: $350 for SADD Plants the Promise to replace trees that were planted in memory of two S-GI students.
– Christine Roskow at Springville Elementary School: $1,300 for “garden games,” to be used for outdoor learning by elementary classes.
– Preschool Learning Center: $400 for musical instruments for use by students.
Funding for these projects comes from community sponsorship and support for the foundation’s events, such as a steak dinner on Aug. 29 at Papa Jake’s, West Main Street, Springville at 6 p.m. For information and tickets, call 592-2296 or email support@sgfound,org.
The annual wine tasting and silent auction is scheduled this year for Saturday, Nov. 10. The foundation has announced plans to offer additional grant opportunities at a later date.
SPRINGVILLE—First impressions don’t always tell the whole truth, and during...