Collins Town Board covers vandalism, programs
Thursday September 12, 2013 | By:Richard Westlund |
[photo1]COLLINS — The lower pane of glass in the entry door of the Collins Town Hall had been broken by what appeared to be a forceful kick by a prisoner leaving the building.
While the kicking incident was recorded on the building’s surveillance camera, the officer did not respond.The incident is under investigation.
Town Clerk Becky Jo Summers reported transactions in her office during August amounted to $9,760, with the town’s share being $5,691.
Six building permits in August, for a total value of $41,460, were reported by Code Enforcement Officer Gene Degman.
Town Supervisor David Tessmer reported that the towns have not managed to get an agreeable contract to plow Erie County roads, this winter.
Resident Wayne Harvey questioned the cancellation of the trash day at the transfer station in September.
In other board matters:
– The board authorized the town supervisor to sign an agreement with Gernatt Gravel Products Inc. to modify setback distances on their Vail Road gravel mine, allowing an additional 12 1/2 acres to be mined.
– Board members resolved to allow the Gowanda Lions Club to use the L.K. Painter Center for a Sept. 13 yard sale.
– The board authorized the supervisor to prepare a request for proposal and solicit bids for the installation of architectural roofing shingles on the roof of the town hall.
– The board will advertise for winter recreation staff, with applications due by Sept. 20.
– The Town Justice Court Assistant Program was authorized to apply for grant money to purchase a desk copier, money safe, chair and to complete a downstairs office for use as a jury deliberation room.
– The town justice court was authorized to hire a court officer, for the four regular court nights per month, at a pay rate of $12.50 per hour, and to make the necessary budget modifications to cover it.
The meeting was adjourned in memory of Water Commissioner Ron Franze.
The next regular meeting of the Collins Town Board will be held on Monday, Sept. 16, at 7 p.m. in the Collins Town Hall.
CHAFFEE — Western New York Physical & Occupational Therapy Group, PLLC,...
BUFFALO — Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz announced that the Erie County...
HAMBURG — On Dec. 27, the Erie County Agricultural Society gathered to recognize...
The Housing Energy Assistance Program will be holding scheduled outreach locations...
NEW YORK — The Preservation League of New York state is seeking nominations...
SPRINGVILLE — The Veterans Administration Community Based Outpatient Clinic,...