ERIE COUNTY — Erie County Legislator Lynne Dixon will again partner with Urban Valet Dry Cleaners, for the fourth annual Prom Dress Drive. All donated gowns will be cleaned, thanks to Urban Valet, and made available to local high school girls in need of a dress for prom.
“I am happy to once again host the Prom Dress Drive, to collect gowns and ensure local girls have something beautiful, to wear to the dance,” Dixon said.
“This is an incredible cost savings for any family, as prom can be quite expensive,” she said. “The community has always been extremely supportive, even donating amazing designer dresses. There is always a large selection of sizes, styles and colors, including long and short gowns, making shopping through the collection fun, for the girls.”
Donations will be accepted from Monday, March 4 – Friday, March 29, at several locations. Donors are asked to drop off new or gently-used dresses, at any of the following locations:
– Blasdell Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave., Blasdell.
– Boston Free Library, 9475 Boston State Road, Boston.
– Dudley Branch Library, 2010 South Park Ave., Buffalo.
– Eden Boys & Girls Club, 8284 North Main St., Eden.
– Hamburg Public Library, 102 Buffalo St., Hamburg.
– Lackawanna Public Library, 560 Ridge Road, Lackawanna.
– Lake Shore Boys & Girls Club, 42 Sunset Blvd., Angola.
– Lake Shore branch library, South 4857 Lake Shore Road, Hamburg.
– Urban Valet Cleaners, 106 Evans St., Hamburg.
– Urban Valet Cleaners, 4081 North Buffalo Road, Orchard Park.
– Urban Valet Cleaners, 620 Elmwood Ave., Buffalo.
“Thank you, to all the donation sites, for collecting the dresses,” Dixon said. “Without their help, we wouldn’t have the great assortment that we do, every year. In addition, many of us are trying to be more ‘green,’ and the dress drive also provides an opportunity to reuse dresses that were usually only worn once and are now sitting in the back of the closet.”
After the dresses have been collected and cleaned, Dixon will invite area high school girls to come “shop” for a prom dress, during a free shopping event. Times, dates and locations will be announced, soon.
For more information, call Dixon at 858-8671 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.