HEAP outreaches announced
Saturday November 16, 2013 | By:Submitted to Journal |
WEST VALLEY — The Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging will be assisting individuals age 60 and older with Home Energy Assistance Program applications. Senior citizens in Cattaraugus County that received a regular HEAP benefit last HEAP season will receive an application by mail, this year.
Maximum income eligibility guidelines are $2,175 per month, for a household of one, and $2,844 for a two-person household. Higher income limits exist, for larger households.
The HEAP benefits are not intended to replace regular utility payments, and credits can take more than three months to appear on utility bills.
The Heating Equipment Repair and Replacement program component will open Nov. 12.
Senior citizens who have questions about HEAP may call the department of the aging. Extra assistance completing the application is available by appointment at the main office, or by visiting one of the outreach sites listed below.
This season’s HEAP outreach schedule is as follows:
– Allegany Senior Wellness and Nutrition site, Nov. 19 and 21, 11:45 a.m. -12:45 p.m.
– Cattaraugus SWAN site, Jan. 9 and March 13, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
– Delevan SWAN site, Jan. 2 and March 6, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
– Franklinville SWAN site, Dec. 5 and Feb. 6, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
– Gowanda SWAN site, Dec. 12 and Feb. 13, 11:45 a.m. -12:45 p.m.
Little Valley SWAN site, Dec. 11 and Feb. 19, 11:45 a.m. -12:45 p.m.
– Olean SWAN site, Nov. 26 and Jan, 28, 11:15 a.m. -12:15 a.m.
– Portville SWAN site, Dec. 17 and Feb. 18, 11:45 a.m. -12:45 p.m.
– Randolph SWAN site, Dec. 19 and Feb. 27, 11:45 a.m. -12:45 p.m.
– Salamanca Sr. Citizen’s Club, Jan. 10 and March 14, 12:45 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
– South Dayton SWAN site, Dec. 10 and Feb. 11, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
– West Valley SWAN site, Nov. 20 and Jan. 16, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
– Yorkshire Corners Apartments, Jan. 2 and March 6, 10:45 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
– Department of the Aging main office, by appointment. To make an appointment, call 373-8032 or 1-800-462-2901.
The above HEAP outreach schedule is subject to change, without notice. For more information about HEAP, or for information regarding any other services available for seniors, call the Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging at 373-8032 or 800-462-2901.