SPRINGVILLE — Two $1,000 Bertrand Chaffee Hospital medical scholarships will be awarded in June to members of an area school’s graduating class, to further the students’ education in a health care-related field.
– Must have been residents of the Springville, West Valley, Pioneer, Holland or Cattaraugus/Little Valley school districts, for at least one year. This includes private and home-schooled students within those districts, as well.
– Must maintain an average of 85 percent or better.
– Must submit 100-word essays that include students’ needs and goals for the future.
– Must submit letters of recommendation from two adults.
– Must be accepted to accredited schools of higher learning, beyond the high school level. Proof of enrollment is required, prior to the disbursement of funds.
The selection will be made by the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital medical staff.
All applications must be submitted by May 1, to Medical Staff Office, Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, 224 East Main St., Springville, NY 14141.