Clock fund ticking on up
Sunday September 15, 2013 | By:Jean Maul |
The community clock committee has announced that, due to the phenomenal support of current and former residents of the Springville-Concord community, the village clock fund has surpassed $30,000 in donations and pledges. The $40,000 goal is well within reach, said David Batterson, Concord Town Historian.
The American-made Howard Replica/Seth Thomas clock has been ordered from the Verdin Clock Company of Cincinnati, Ohio and will be installed in the park, at the corner of Mechanic and Main streets by Dec. 1. The dedication is planned for Dec. 7 during the Concord Historical Society’s “Concord Country Christmas.”
Current sponsors to date are:
– Corporate: Springville-Griffith Institute Education Foundation, Mike Hannon, president; Scott Hiltz, Smith-Weismantel Davis Funeral Homes; the Sheret family and Sheret’s Jewelry, in memory of Andy Sheret.
– Gold: Pete and Janet Dygert, Grover and Elizabeth Riefler, Don and Lenore Tober, Dave and Pam Batterson, Joel and Jean Maul, Bob and Linda Barnes, Salzler family, Springville Rotary, Charles Sutherland clan, S-GI Class of 1958, S-GI Class of 1960, S-GI Class of 1961, S-GI Class of 1962, S-GI Class of 1968, Charles Whitmer family, Brad and Denise Bennett, Richard Enser (formerly of the Leland House), Harold and Linda Blesy.
– Gold Memorial, In memory of: Joseph and Ruth Maul, Kenneth Hooper, Henry and Berdena Hoch, Richard Mahl, George Schuster Sr.
– Silver: Gary Hoch, Lawrence and Viola Henry, Springville-Concord Seniors, Springville Pediatrics, Janice Brodnax, Gary and Renee Hanley, Louis Starr, S-GI Class of 1966, “Partners in Time.”
– Silver Memorial, In memory of: George and Betty Gundlach, the Eppolito family.
– Bronze: Ross and Joan Oar, Dick and Pat McDonald, Bob and Betty Whitehead, James and Barbara Baker, Terry Spittler, Ron Neureuther, Bob and Margaret Kreitner, Elaine and Daniel May, Judie Whitmer Beynon, Margaret Kessler Signore, Joan Wiedeman Taylor, Larry Balog, Pat Pfanner Gibson, Art Kneuppel, Janet Johnson Kramer, Jim Law, Jim Hess, Thom and Elly Mohr, Carol Henry Pettey, Joann Rogers, Martha Dygert Smith, Robert and Mary Lennartz, Jim and Jane Ciszak, Bert Ball, Bob and Laura Muhlbauer, Marie Bartolotta, George Maul, Brian Huckle, Bruce Huckle, Gary Blakely, Tom Bentley, George Ballantyne, Laurie Smith Perham, Daniel Salzler, Richard Wells, Jeff Bock, Springville Printshop, Judith Botsford Goranson, Patricia Wright McCullen, Daniel Danieu, James and Sue Owen.
– Bronze Memorial, in memory of: Art Reed, Kate and Bud Rogers.
Additional donations can still be made by sending a contribution to: The Concord Historical Society, P.O. Box 425, Springville, N.Y. 14141.
All gold and silver donations received before Sept. 22 will have their names cast onto metal plaques attached to the clock pedestal. The names of all levels of donations will be placed in a time capsule within the clock pedestal.