SARDINIA — The town of Sardinia and Waste Management have entered into a municipal host agreement, with respect to a landfill, located within the town. During the Sardinia Town Board meeting held April 11, Supervisor Mary Hannon provided a copy of the proposed amended schedule, to the members of the board.
The board approved the amendment and the authorization of the agreement is now in place.
Waste Management also submitted an application to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, to modify its part 360 permit, to add additional capacity, known as the “valley fill.”
The town planning board recommended that the town board approve Waste Management’s application for a special use permit, for the valley fill. The town board approved Waste Management’s request.
The board also received several recommendations from the Sardinia Youth Board, to fill positions within that organization. Danielle Scott was named pool director and head lifeguard.
Annette Darling was named recreation director.
The town board approved all of the personnel appointments, for the 2013 summer recreation season.
In other news:
– The board approved new representatives for the Erie County Water Quality Committee. Board members David Montgomery and Cheryl Earl have been appointed on the town’s Water Evaluation Committee. Montgomery will be taking the place of previously-appointed Board Member Dan Miller. Earl will act as the temporary representative, in the event that Montgomery is unavailable.
– Trash pickup will be held on May 1 and 2 at the town hall.
– Susan Johnson from New York Sen. Patrick Gallivan’s office will be attending the Aug. 8 board meeting.
– The Memorial Volunteer Fire Company of Chaffee-Sardinia has scheduled several fundraising events for 2013. The fireman’s carnival will be held June 28 – 30. A tool raffle has been scheduled for Sept. 8.
– The Chaffee Community Baptist Church will utilize the town park on July 13.
The Sardinia Town Board’s next regular meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. on May 9.