Performance reviews passed at West Valley Central School
Monday January 21, 2013 | By:Jeff Martin | News
WEST VALLEY — The West Valley Central School Board of Education was informed, during its Jan. 7 meeting, that its district teachers and staff members passed their annual performance review “with flying colors.”
That review, performed by New York, is an annual process by which the state evaluates teachers. According to Secretary Carolyn Boberg, the district is required to complete and submit that plan.
“Superintendent Eric Lawton congratulated staff and Principal Dan Amodeo for their work,” Boberg said. “It was a challenging process and one the district tries, each year, to pass.”
Boberg also said the board plans to begin discussion about the district’s upcoming budget, during its next regular meeting. She added that, based on prior reports given in late 2012, the budget appears in good health.
In other board news:
– The board approved Martin Benz as a substitute teacher aide.
– Principal Dan Amodeo was appointed as dignity act coordinator, with no pay increase.
– Brittany Witt was approved as a permanent cleaner for the district.
– The board approved a facility use for the West Valley Post Office for its town meeting on Jan. 31 at 5:30 p.m.
–The board tabled an issue that proposed a $3 per mile payment for non-instructional trips by bus. The board requested clarification about the proposal.
– The board approved a proposal that will allow Ellicottville students to come to West Valley to join the West Valley Wildcats boys and girls track team, which they have done, during the past few years.
– The board approved an agreement between the board and the West Valley Teacher’s Association, to set hours and compensation for a newsletter position.
The next WVCS Board of Education meeting will be held at 7 p.m. on Jan. 28.
BOSTON — At its most recent assembly, the Boston town board bid farewell to...
COLLINS — At the Jan. 21 meeting of the Collins town board, workshop discussions...
SPRINGVILLE — Revitalize Springville has endorsed Samantha Skura and Robert...