The following is a sampling of the incidents that occurred in Springville, Concord, Chaffee and Sardinia:
– Sept. 15: Patrol investigated a complaint of youths in the creek on South Buffalo Street.
– Sept. 15: Mortons Corners Fire Department responded to an Emergency Medical Services call on Hoffman Road. Transported one patient to Bertrand Chaffee Hospital.
– Sept. 15 Mortons Corners responded to an EMS call at Concord Road. Transported to Buffalo General Hospital by Mercy Flight Western New York.
– Sept. 16: Patron responded to an alarm at Julie’s Pizzeria and located an open door.
– Sept. 16: Springville Fire Department responded to a report of a 70-year-old woman having trouble breathing on Concord Road. Transported to BCH.
– Sept. 16: Chaffee-Sardinia Fire Department and Rural Metro responded to a 65-year-old male with a diabetes-related medical problem on West Avenue.
– Sept. 16: Springville Fire Department responded to a 22-year-old female having seizures on North Buffalo Street. Transported to BCH.
– Sept. 16: Erie County Fire Department responded to an All-Terrain Vehicle accident on Power Line Road in East Concord. Transported to Mercy Hospital, Buffalo.
– Sept. 17: Patrol assisted the Erie County Sheriff Department with a complaint of criminal mischief in the parking lot at WalMart on Cascade Drive.
– Sept 17: Mortons Corners Fire Department respondent to a motor vehicle accident on Trevett Road.
– Sept. 18: Patrol assisted with an Emergency Medical Service call on North Buffalo Street.
– Sept. 18: Patrol assisted the Erie County Sheriff Department with a property damage accident at North and Vaughn Streets.
– Sept. 19: Patrol responded to the Springville pool for a disturbance.
– Sept. 19: Patrol assisted with a first aid on Waverly Street.
– Sept 20: Patrol assisted Erie County Sheriff Department with a suspicious vehicle on West Main Street.
– Sept. 20: Erie County Fire Department responded to a controlled burn on Genesee Road.
– Sept. 20: Patrol stopped Michelle Collier of Freswburg on North Buffalo Street for a suspended license.
– Sept. 21: Chaffee-Sardinia Fire Department responded to an EMS call on Allen Road. Transported to BCH.
– Sept. 21: Springville Fire Department responded to a rescue call on Nasons Boulevard for a man over the bank.
– Sept. 21: Springville Fire Department responded to an EMS call on Glen Street. Transported to BCH.
– Sept. 21: East Concord Fire Department responded to an EMS call on Newman Street. Transported to BCH.
– Sept. 21: Springville Fire Department responded to a mutual aid request on East Main Street. Transported to BCH.
– Sept. 22: Chaffee-Sardinia Fire Department responded to an EMS call on Warner Gulf Road. Patricia Kozub stopped for DWI
At approximately 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 19, a New York State Trooper arrested Patricia Kozub, of Trevett Road in Springville, for driving while intoxicated, after stopping the car she was driving on Route 39 near Kerr Warner Road.
While speaking with her, the trooper detected an odor of alcohol and she subsequently failed a series of field sobriety tests. She was arrested and processed at the Collins barracks, with a reportable blood alcohol content of .09 percent.
A check of her driving record showed a previous DWI conviction, within the past 10 years, so she was charged with Felony DWI.
Kozub is due in Collins Town Court, later this month. Man arraigned in cop car
While on patrol in Colden, Erie County Sheriff’s Deputy Todd Jones and deputy Tim Colling, both of the sheriff’s Colden substation, responded to a reported one-car automobile accident. Their investigation resulted in the arrest of Steven Minton, 26, of Collins, for driving while intoxicated and traffic-related charges.
Minton was initially cooperative, but upon arriving at the sheriff’s Springville substation, became disorderly and refused to submit to a chemical test.
Minton was arraigned by Town of Colden Judge Montgomery. He refused to leave the patrol vehicle to attend arraignment, so Montgomery arraigned him in the patrol vehicle.
Minton was remanded to the Erie County Holding Center on $1,000 cash bail or $2,000 bond for further proceedings.Criminal mischief arrest
New York State Trooper William Garland from the New York State Police Machias barracks arrested Casey R. Gilcrease, 20, of Arcade, after a domestic incident.
Gilcrease did damage to property at a residence on County Line Road, in the Town of Yorkshire, violating an order of protection issued by the town of Sardinia court.
Gilcrease was arrested for criminal contempt of court and criminal mischief, arraigned in the town of Machias and remanded to the Cattaraugus County Jail.Buffalo man apprehended in Boston
A Boston state trooper observed an Oldsmobile Alero with a tail light out, entering Route 219 from Armor Duells Road on Sept. 5, at 8:20 p.m.
The trooper stopped the vehicle and interviewed the driver Stanley Kubiak, 24, of Buffalo. While speaking with Kubiak, he noticed a smell of marijuana. Kubiak admitted to possessing marijuana and said it was on the floor behind the passenger seat.
The trooper located a clear plastic bag containing marijuana and also observed a large plastic shopping bag with numerous prescription bottles and pills. Kubiak said they had belonged to his father, who has been deceased since 2011. The pills were identified as hydrocodone, marijuana plant pills (dronabinol), opana pills, valium, ambien, carisprodol/soma and prednisone.
Kubiak was placed under arrest for unlawful possession of marijuana, criminal possession of a controlled substance seventh and possession of a controlled substance not in the original container. He was issued traffic tickets and an appearance ticket to appear in the Town of Orchard Park Court, at a later date.