Lamp starts Yorkshire fire
Monday September 17, 2012 | By:Submitted to Journal |
YORKSHIRE — The Cattaraugus County Fire Investigation Team was called to assist the Delevan Fire Department in determining the origin and cause of a fire at a seasonal residence, located on Eagles Nest Road in Yorkshire, on Aug. 29 at 11:31 p.m.
The owner, Daniel Harrington of Delevan, was at the location, but was not injured.
Fire companies dispatched from Yorkshire, Farmersville, Machias and West Valley assisted at the scene.
Fire responders determined that an oil lamp that had been used for lighting was accidentally tipped over, causing a fire to ignite in the living room area. The damage was moderate to severe.
MACHIAS — New York State Police based at the Machias barracks, received a call...
ASHFORD — Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s deputies picked up Clarence Sanford,...
COLLINS — New York state troopers arrested Leslie Rodriguez, 27, of Jamestown...