Erie County Sheriff’s deputies responded to several calls, from April 5-18. Following is a sampling of the incidents in Boston, Colden, Concord, Sardinia and Springville:Boston
– Patrol investigated one property damage automobile accident in the town of Boston, between April 5-14.
– April 18, Patrol arrested Michael Townshend, 43, of Hamburg, on an outstanding warrant. He was turned over to Hamburg Police. The arrest took place on Route 219.Colden
– April 6, Patrol arrested Dean Cohan, 60, of Concord, for driving while intoxicated and other related charges. Cohan submitted to a breath test, with the result being .12 percent blood alcohol content. He was released on appearance tickets to appear in court, at a later date. The arrest took place on State Road.
– Patrol investigated one property damage automobile accident in Colden, between April 5-18.Concord
– April 5, Patrol arrested Tina Green, 42, of Concord, on an outstanding warrant. She was arraigned in Concord Court and released to appear in court, at a later date. The arrest took place on Middle Road.
– Patrol investigated three property damage automobile accidents in the town of Concord, April 5-18.Sardinia
– Patrol investigated three property damage automobile accidents in the town of Sardinia between April 5-18.Springville
– April 13, Patrol arrested James Petrie, 39, of Angelica for unlawful possession of marijuana after a traffic stop on East Main Street. He was released, to appear in court at a later date.
– April 15, Patrol arrested Andrew Lester, 19, of Kenmore for unlawful possession of marijuana after a traffic stop on South Cascade Drive. He was released on appearance tickets to appear in court at a later date.Crash takes life of man
State Police based at the Machias barracks investigated a fatal motorcycle crash on Bolton Road in the town of Ashford in Cattaraugus County on April 22.
The operator, Roy C. Beverlin Jr., 52, of Bolton Road, was found unresponsive by a passing motorist, who called 911.
Investigation revealed that the operator failed to negotiate a curve in the roadway and struck a fence and trees, off the west shoulder of the road. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene by the Cattaraugus County Coroner.Arcade woman embezzles money
New York State Police, based at the Machias barracks, arrested Christine Garland, 41, of Arcade, on April 4, for embezzling more than $100,000 from a Cattaraugus County business, over a period of approximately 14 months.
New York State Police investigators extradited Garland from the state of California, where she had been arrested on March 21 by the San Diego County Sheriff Department, pursuant to a warrant for grand larceny second degree, which was issued by the town of Freedom Court.
Garland was also charged with forgery second degree and falsifying business records first degree. She is currently being held in Cattaraugus County Jail, in lieu of $50,000 cash bail, pending further proceedings.Ontario man charged in Ashford
Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Richardo Hoyos, 43, of Alliston, Ontario, on April 22 at 2 a.m.
Hoyos was stopped for speeding and inadequate head lamp. A check of his license revealed that his driver’s privileges were suspended in New York state for failure to answer a summons from the city of Salamanca Court on March 18, 2012.
He was arraigned in the town of Ashford Court and remanded to the Cattaraugus County Jail on $1,100 bail. He is due in town of Ashford Court, at a later date.