Springville Police Department
– March 10, Patrol investigated a report of several youths with a BB gun, on North Buffalo Street.
– March 10, Patrol assisted Springville firefighters at an East Main Street gas leak, that was caused by falling ice.
– March 11, Patrol assisted a motorist who was locked out of a car, at Country Fair.
– March 11, Patrol assisted the Erie County sheriff’s K9 unit with a traffic stop and subsequent arrest at routes 219 and 39.
– March 15, Patrol assisted Erie County sheriff’s deputies at a roll-over accident at Route 39 and Van Slyke Road and made a subsequent driving while intoxicated arrest.
– March 16, Patrol assisted a motorist who was locked out of a car, at Wal-Mart.
– March 16, Patrol investigated a report of reckless driving on Woodward Avenue and found Keith Brown of Springville with the described vehicle, on the side of the road. The subject was ticketed for numerous vehicle violations.
– March 17, Patrol assisted Erie County sheriff’s deputies with a traffic stop on Boston-Springville Road, which ended with a DWI arrest. While assisting at the arrest, the patrol observed a vehicle pass the traffic stop at an accelerated speed. That driver was stopped on North Buffalo Street. Police found that Tonawanda resident Thomas Ostrander Jr.’s driver’s license had been suspended, by the city of Tonawanda. Ostrander was arrested for the aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.Man arrested for driving with high blood alcohol level
Sergeant Shawn Young of the Erie County Sheriff’s Office stopped a vehicle on Boston-Springville Road in the town of Concord on March 17 at 1:31 a.m., after observing the vehicle’s failing to drive on the right side of the road.
The driver, William Meyer, 53, was found to be intoxicated and was taken into custody. After being transported to the Erie County sheriff’s Springville substation, Meyer submitted to a chemical breath test, which revealed that the subject’s blood alcohol content was .20 percent, more than twice the legal limit.
Meyer was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated and other vehicle and traffic charges. He was released to a third party on uniform traffic tickets returnable to the town of Concord Court, at a later date.Man arrested for DWI in Yorkshire
Erie County Sheriff’s Deputy Timothy Colling responded to a report of a property damage accident on Creek Road in Sardinia on March 15 at 8:13 p.m.
Dustin Linsler, 32, of Springville, was located by patrol, after leaving the scene of the accident. The subject was found to be intoxicated and taken into custody.
Linsler was transported to the Erie County Sheriff’s Springville substation. A chemical breath test determined that the subject’s blood alcohol content was .20 percent. In February 2008, Linsler had been convicted of DWI, so the charge was elevated to felony and aggravated DWI, in addition to other vehicle and traffic charges.
The subject was transported to the Erie County Holding Center, pending arraignment in the town of Sardinia Court at a later date.
This marked the 68th DWI arrest made, this year, by the Erie County Sheriff’s Office.This was the 70th DWI arrest made by the Erie County Sheriff’s Office, this year.